Bloody Apologists!!

kendor said:
FWL i understand you have personal grief from the war and that is the case for millions around the world and you look on nuking as a quick fix but do you not see that the action causes the same grief that you suffer from? is it really the simple solution? or is it the worst evil that a human could inflict on another?

Kendor, why don't you go play with the traffic, as you seem intent on NOT reading what I have said several times.

Personally the only place I would Nuke today is your ****ing house to stop your drivel.

PLEASE read what I have said so that you will then stop making brash posts that lack a factual basis and simply make you look foolish.

Sponsored Links
FWL_Engineer said:
kendor said:
FWL i understand you have personal grief from the war and that is the case for millions around the world and you look on nuking as a quick fix but do you not see that the action causes the same grief that you suffer from? is it really the simple solution? or is it the worst evil that a human could inflict on another?

Kendor, why don't you go play with the traffic, as you seem intent on NOT reading what I have said several times.

Personally the only place I would Nuke today is your p******g house to stop your drivel.

PLEASE read what I have said so that you will then stop making brash posts that lack a factual basis and simply make you look foolish.
And i said you were obviously intelligent :LOL: I did read a previous post of yours where you condoned such actions.
Not much traffic around my way this time of night i'm afraid.
can i play with your dollies instead? :LOL:

Kendor, if you actually read my posts then you would know that I did not advocate using Nuclear weapons against Japan today.

FWL_Engineer said:
Kendor, if you actually read my posts then you would know that I did not advocate using Nuclear weapons against Japan today.
Yes you did but you also justified their use 60 years ago hence my post. I was sympathising with your loss by the way.

Sponsored Links
Today on the BBC website

JAPAN APOLOGY OVER WAR

Japan's Prime Minister has marked the 60th anniversary of Japan's defeat in World War Two with an apology for suffering caused by Japanese military aggression.

Junichiro Koizumi pledged Tokyo would never again go to war, saying: "Japan caused huge damage and suffering to many countries, especially the people of Asia, with its colonisation and aggression.

"Humbly accepting this fact of history, we again express our deep remorse and heartfelt apology and offer our condolences to the victims of the war at home and abroad," he said, adding that he wanted to build relations of trust with other Asian nations.

Sixty years after Japan's late emperor Hirohito exhorted his subjects to "bear the unbearable" by accepting defeat, memories of the war that killed millions in Asia including three million Japanese haunt ties between Japan and its neighbours.

An editorial in the China Daily newspaper said: "Koizumi stubbornly persists in his efforts to please Japan's right-wingers, who insist on the belief that sweeping the dirt under the carpet is the only action they need to take.

"Actions speak louder than words ... His words appeared faint and his sincerity is also in doubt," said the editorial, referring to previous apologies by Mr Koizumi.

Freddie said:
Today on the BBC website

JAPAN APOLOGY OVER WAR

Japan's Prime Minister has marked the 60th anniversary of Japan's defeat in World War Two with an apology for suffering caused by Japanese military aggression.

Junichiro Koizumi pledged Tokyo would never again go to war, saying: "Japan caused huge damage and suffering to many countries, especially the people of Asia, with its colonisation and aggression.

"Humbly accepting this fact of history, we again express our deep remorse and heartfelt apology and offer our condolences to the victims of the war at home and abroad," he said, adding that he wanted to build relations of trust with other Asian nations.

Sixty years after Japan's late emperor Hirohito exhorted his subjects to "bear the unbearable" by accepting defeat, memories of the war that killed millions in Asia including three million Japanese haunt ties between Japan and its neighbours.

An editorial in the China Daily newspaper said: "Koizumi stubbornly persists in his efforts to please Japan's right-wingers, who insist on the belief that sweeping the dirt under the carpet is the only action they need to take.

"Actions speak louder than words ... His words appeared faint and his sincerity is also in doubt," said the editorial, referring to previous apologies by Mr Koizumi.
All it needs now is an apology from Bush for America dropping the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki to wrap up the whole sordid affair.

2 points you have missed completely Kendor

The Americans used the bomb for other reasons which were actually beneficial to the japs aswell as more would have died if they werent used.

If you look at the end of the clip i pulled you will see that the Chinese dont buy his appology---which is very worrying--well for the japs anyway as they will feel the chinese wrath

BBC again

As Japan marks the 60th anniversary of its surrender in World War II, its handling of the past still rankles in some parts of Asia.

Unlike the reconciliation in Europe of former foes like Britain and Germany, relations between Japan and her Asian neighbours, particularly China, remain very strained.

Japan's imperial army, which annexed Korea as a colony in 1910, later seized control of large parts of China and South East Asia as the war dragged on.

Its methods were often brutal. Following the 1937 capture of the Chinese city of Nanjing, Japanese troops killed up to 300,000 civilians and raped tens of thousands of Chinese women, historians estimate.

The Japanese soldiers were plunging their bayonets into everybody

Xiao Wenhu

Japanese atrocities are well documented in many other parts of Asia too.

Xiao Wenhu was a young Chinese boy living in Malaysia when Japanese soldiers came to his village in 1942.

"We were terrified, people were so scared. We all fell to our knees. We called out to them to spare our lives. The Japanese soldiers were plunging their bayonets into everybody, stabbing again and again. By around 6pm all became quiet. Everyone was dead," he said.

Reconciliation

All this was going on at the same time that the German chancellor Adolf Hitler was executing his final solution, murdering millions of people from Europe's Jewish, gypsy and gay communities.

But since the end of the war, Germany and the countries it fought have become allies. The holocaust is taught in detail in German schools.

Japanese-born Keiko Holmes runs a charity which helps promote reconciliation between Japan and her former enemies.

"The German people are very transparent, they acknowledge what they have done wrong and they have apologised - and they are teaching at school what they have done, in order that the same sort of thing doesn't happen again," Mrs Holmes said.

The majority of our people believe that Japan was forced into war by the United States

Hideaki Kase

But while Japan's government and businesses have invested heavily in East Asia's economies since the end of the war, there has been no real political rapprochement.

And unlike Germany, Japan has been equivocal about its apologies and the way it teaches its young people about what happened.

Although there are exceptions, Japanese school textbooks tend to skate over atrocities committed by their troops - a fact which prompts its neighbours to say Japan's apologies are insincere.

The Japanese nationalist author Hideaki Kase is adamant that Japan should not shoulder the blame for the war.

"The majority of our people believe that Japan was forced into war by the United States. America was making unreasonable demands upon us. So we were fighting a war of national self-defence," Mr Kase said.

Controversial visits

Although that represents the hard-line end of Japanese nationalism, his sentiments are tacitly accepted by many Japanese.

This may explain why several high-profile Japanese politicians, including current Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi, feel able to regularly pay their respects at the Yasukuni shrine in Tokyo, which along with other Japanese war dead honours 14 Class A war criminals.

YASUKUNI SHRINE

Built in 1869 to honour victims of the Boshin Civil War
Now venerates the souls of 2.5m of Japan's war dead
Those enshrined include 14 Class A war criminals

Japan's controversial shrine

Keiko Holmes believes that Japanese politicians have behaved irresponsibly.

"The Japanese government has not recognised it and apologised properly, because they don't want to let the Japanese people know the truth," she said.

Mr Koizumi's shrine visits, the controversy over history textbooks and an increasingly nationalistic tone in some parts of the Japanese press have contributed to a serious deterioration in ties with China, and widespread anti-Japanese sentiment in China and Korea.

But is there any hope of future reconciliation between Japan and its neighbours, especially China?

Keiko Holmes visited Nanjing last year, and apologised for the pain that her countrymen had inflicted on China.

"I think the wound is very deep," she said. "I think it is very difficult to really reconcile. But nothing is impossible. If we try hard, if we become really sincere, I am optimistic, I am hoping that things will turn. "

Although people like Keiko Holmes are trying to bring about understanding on a personal basis, there will have to be big changes - among Japanese politicians and its education system - before true reconciliation takes place

Freddie, don't bother argueing with Kendor, he is the very type of liberal kiss arse that has sold this country out in the last 60 years. he is also the type of hypocrit that will slag you and I off for our stance over Japan, yet claim that Blacks should get compensation for the slave trade several hundred years ago.

He is the type of person the title of this threat was aimed at..Bloody Apologists!!

I know Fwl, he is the kind of person that is making thousands of skilled wealthy Britons quit Britain every week because they are sick of the way the country has gone and they can see what will happen.

He is the kind of person that makes me never want to return there.

But unfortunatley he has a view and is entitled to spout it even though he tries to stifle others

Just a shame he has a closed mind and wont or cant see any other view than his own

FWL_Engineer said:
Freddie, don't bother argueing with Kendor, he is the very type of liberal kiss a**e that has sold this country out in the last 60 years. he is also the type of hypocrit that will slag you and I off for our stance over Japan, yet claim that Blacks should get compensation for the slave trade several hundred years ago.

He is the type of person the title of this threat was aimed at..b****y Apologists!!

As far as I can acertain, this post is covered by 8

It seems that if certain people here deride others it is ok, especially if the ones being derided have views which differ from those of the certain people. Seems a bit hypocritical.

Now I presume I can expect a torrent of ridicule from at least one of those certain people.

FWL_Engineer said:
Freddie, don't bother argueing with Kendor, he is the very type of liberal kiss a**e that has sold this country out in the last 60 years. he is also the type of hypocrit that will slag you and I off for our stance over Japan, yet claim that Blacks should get compensation for the slave trade several hundred years ago.

He is the type of person the title of this threat was aimed at..b****y Apologists!!
Apparently i'm supposed to slag you both off for your views, ok you are both very naughty boys consider this a slagging off :rolleyes:
Oops nearly forgot All Black people should get compensation for the slave trade several hundred years ago(bit further ago than 60 yrs which you like bringing up all the time FWL).
Happy now?
anything else should i say as it seems you know what i'm thinking you clairvoyant you! :eek:

And as predicted you came straight in i refer you to the thread ---dont cry foul when you lose an argument Oilman

Freddie said:
But unfortunatley he has a view and is entitled to spout it even though he tries to stifle others
Just a shame he has a closed mind and wont or cant see any other view than his own
This can easily apply to yourself and others on here so don't try tarring me with it alone.
Yes i have my views which differ from yours does that mean i'm stifling anybody? does it mean i have a closed mind, i could say the same for you as you won't open your mind to my views , but hey i don't really care if you do or don't all i know is we are ALL entitled to have a say. it just seems some don't like criticism and then turn nasty.

kendor said:
Freddie said:
This can easily apply to yourself and others on here so don't try tarring me with it alone.
Yes i have my views which differ from yours does that mean i'm stifling anybody? does it mean i have a closed mind, i could say the same for you as you won't open your mind to my views , but hey i don't really care if you do or don't all i know is we are ALL entitled to have a say. it just seems some don't like criticism and then turn nasty.

Sorry Kendor you have missed my point but you werent here at the time so it doesnt matter

Sponsored Links