Bloody Skirting!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I desperately need some help cutting some external skirting joints.

I think the angle is around 86 degrees but I cannot figure out how to cut 2 43 degree angles.

I have a manual mitre saw that cuts from 90 through to 45 but I need less than 45.

To save countless trees, as I'm cutting an cutting but getting nowhere, how do I do this?

Sponsored Links
How are you cutting the skirting? Mitre cut or bevel cut? Face up/outwards or face away from you?

Sponsored Links
When you put the skirting board in the mitre saw, you need to pull one side away from the back of it with a small sliver of something, and thay will bring it round to the angle you want. If you can't change the angle of the saw, then you need to change the angle of the wood being cut.

When you put the skirting board in the mitre saw, you need to pull one side away from the back of it with a small sliver of something, and thay will bring it round to the angle you want. If you can't change the angle of the saw, then you need to change the angle of the wood being cut.

Thanks for the tip. Will try when I muster more motivation.

It looks okay; give it a go, and take it back if it's not suitable. Might get one myself for carrying up stairs at that price.

Or you could use 2 part wood filler instead; just make sure you sand it down before it's gone off, otherwise you'll never do it.

Great video to show how to do mitre cuts for skirting accurately. You will need a chop saw. If you dont want to buy one, then just go rent one, it may be cheaper if you only have to do a couple of cuts... but a chop saw or sliding mitre saw is a really useful thing to have if you are doing future DIY projects..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back