Blown 15amp fuse

Sponsored Links
Can you buy a storage heater rated 3400w @ 230v though?

If you ignore the temperature coefficient of the element, 3400w @ 240v equates to 3400 x (230²/240²) = 3122w @ 230v.
I expect the makers of such items don't want to suddenly start offering a 3122w heater when someone else is offering a 3400w version as it doesn't sound as good on the sales blur, they may however state the voltage over a range of 220v-240v, the larger voltage being the applicable one for design current calcs.

Well i am totally confused no one seems to have answered my question just all calculation talk. the cable i used is round heat resistant three core 1.5.Do i understand that at worst the heater will have a load of 16amp and i have a 15amp switch in the cu would that cause the fuse to blow after five weeks.ps the fuse is the round glass type

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back