Blown Bricks - air brick required?

Sponsored Links
If there is moisture in the brick and it can't get out of the front, why not vent the void that the rear of the bricks face into, giving the moisture somewhere to go

what is the void to the steps filled with? We're obviously thinking along the same lines but I would have assumed that you don't have a hollow void? If you have then air bricks will help.

Sponsored Links
Make sure you use a very stiff brush to keep brushing away salt efflorescence because this blocks the brick pores and again increases brick spalling due to hydraulic frost action.

If you have voids that would allow you to install a couple of air bricks that would ventilate the hidden face of the brickwork then I would definitely do it.

I applied the solution in the middle of summer 2010.
Until I get the same conditions that caused my spalling in the first place, I'll never know - but further damage hasn't reoccurred since.
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back