Blue bottles, wasps, earthworms and flies on your windscreens.

perhaps the UK should re-introduce wolves , they were hunted to extinction ?

:)

Sponsored Links
Natures cycle seems to go tits up once people are sticking their oar in

Most famous example was the Chinese sparrow famine in 1958.

The sparrows ate their grain crops, so the communist leader thought: 'lets kill sparrows', they did some 600m of them.

No sparrow resulted in massive increase in insects. Result terrible famine 15m people died :eek:

Most famous example was the Chinese sparrow famine in 1958.

The sparrows ate their grain crops, so the communist leader thought: 'lets kill sparrows', they did some 600m of them.

No sparrow resulted in massive increase in insects. Result terrible famine 15m people died :eek:

yes I have seen the archive footage of that mao inspired policy.

afaik cane toads were introduced to Australia to deal with insect infestation of farm land , but what no one worked out was that although the cane toads would eat the insects , there life styles were so totaly different they never actually came into contact with one another

Sponsored Links
Mrs gasbanni has just driven eighty odd miles home through mainly country side .....virtually no flies on the windscreen, a worrying trend that's been noticed throughout europe.

Bluebottles I haven't seen any for years, wasps are noticed by their absence, bees are having trouble surviving.

I've noticed that earthworms seem to be in decline, when it used to rain on a night the lawns were covered with them.....now hardly any.

Is there an ecological disaster looming ??

Give it time and a few earth worms will rear their heads and get this topic closed down

yes I have seen the archive footage of that mao inspired policy.

afaik cane toads were introduced to Australia to deal with insect infestation of farm land , but what no one worked out was that although the cane toads would eat the insects , there life styles were so totaly different they never actually came into contact with one another

Apparently the Beatles sat to high on the cane for the toads to reach.

I see some kids playing golf with them.

I heard a Komodo dragon has escaped :ROFLMAO:
I hear they like eating donkeys for breakfast. The donkeys are too stupid and too slow to run away. :D

Neither you nor a**e end has yet attempted to explain why a**e end thinks it is insulting to imply someone is Arab.
Instead, as usual, the discussion is deleted.

I've also noticed we don't get as many spiders coming in to the house, hardly any, always having to get a glass to catch them.....in the past. hardly any daddylong legs either ..........the decline in wasps I noticed years ago, if you were eating lunch outside the pesky things would be bothering you all the time .....it doesn't happen now.

There's obviously something going on.......

Go on you tube and type in dissappearing insects .........bear in mind when they go extinct so will man.........

https://www.sciencealert.com/flying...t-alarming-rates-and-we-should-all-be-worried

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/10/germany-s-insects-are-disappearing

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...eddon-after-dramatic-plunge-in-insect-numbers

Apart from the pollination of food crops, birds will go in to rapid decline.
Can you imagine if then the insects recovered and there wasnt any birds to eat them ?
I remember reading years ago one bird was observed feeding her chicks and visted a tree over 2,000 times. The point of the article was the vast amount of insects birds eat, led to the assumption that the surface of the earth could be 30' deep with insects without birds consuming them.

Obviously this was before this decline started.

Last edited:
I think its all these combi boilers plumbers are fitting....they must be killing off all the insects :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back