BLUE PALLETS CHEP

they are way stronger you could stamp through a normal one no sweat but the blue ones are sturdy, might be made of hardwood. i imagin they are for transporting heavier things

Yes, from experience, I can state that Chep pallets are definitely superior quality to any other pallets and probably are hardwood.

They are a bugggger to chop up with an axe, but keep my barbeque burning for ages! :D

Sponsored Links
I dont understand why a company would go into business renting out such products. I mean, how long does a wooden pallet last in circulation before someone nicks it, burns it, or it gets "lost" or broken? Lets face it, people dont exactly guard them with their life. And how do they account for losses in the network (and thus charges)? I doubt they have the facility to make all their customers cound the number of pallets on hand.

I can understand the other products that Chep do, the green produce crates etc, but they are generally kept more secure and people take better care of them due to the products they handle, I can understand why they'd rent these out.

I dont understand why a company would go into business renting out such products. I mean, how long does a wooden pallet last in circulation before someone nicks it, burns it, or it gets "lost" or broken? Lets face it, people dont exactly guard them with their life. And how do they account for losses in the network (and thus charges)? I doubt they have the facility to make all their customers cound the number of pallets on hand.

I can understand the other products that Chep do, the green produce crates etc, but they are generally kept more secure and people take better care of them due to the products they handle, I can understand why they'd rent these out.

Surely if you hire something out, and it doesn't get returned to you its the customer that has to pay anyway.

Presumably its in chep's interest to get "strays" back because then they can hire them out again, without the cost of manufacture.

I had a guided tour of the Chep repair centre in Avonmouth, Bristol a few years ago. Its a massive operation storing and repairing their blue pallets.

They run day and night shifts, just repairing pallets. The poor sodds that worked there stood next to a conveyor belt for hours on end, removing broken slats and fixing new ones on with a nail gun. At the time I remember thinking that I couldn't think of a more monotinous or sole destroying job than this (i suppose others have a few suggestions!)

How many years would you have to do a job like that before you went mad. Then again, now that Gordo has blown the UK economy, maybe they are lucky to have a job. :cry:

Sponsored Links
I think that what CHEP company does is really a great idea. Some time earlier, I encountered the problems when I was trying to move some loads from UK to Rotterdam,Holland. The pallet that the goods on is the
property of my customer, I was informed that exchange for blue pallet should be made against collection of goods.Unfortunately, both the store and the haulier do not supply such a service.....

I'm based in Staffordshire and have a couple of blue chep pallets that I'm trying to get rid of. No one will take them because it's at a residential address. Are you still willing to collect them Grahambe2004?

put an ad in gumtree.com in the free stuff section. you could even try to flog them for a couple of quid.

years ago i did some 7.5 driving for A.N. other pallet co in leicestershire, i drove a curtain sider fulllof chep pallets, they had to be hidden so that anyone working for or just willing to tell tales couldnt see them being transported, i used to take them all over the place.

Just saw this and would like to back Graham up.

I used to have a friend who worked for CHEP in Trafford Park and he was also a collector of pallets

As far as I am aware they dont get anyextra for pallets collected but it is a salary paid job that does take them far and wide on collections

Hello Grahambe2004,
I have collected 3 blue pallets over the last few weeks before finding out about CHEP "blue pallets".
Are you still able to collect these? I'd rather not hang on to them if there will be nastyness involved - I have a heart condition and can't stand the stress. Not only that, they are too heavy for me to heave around. Just collecting them laid me out for two days!! How do I contact you?

Regards, Carer

I dont understand why a company would go into business renting out such products.
Because there is a demand. If you're a logistics company, for example, and you need pallets you wouldn't rent them if it didn't make sense.

I mean, how long does a wooden pallet last in circulation before someone nicks it, burns it, or it gets "lost" or broken?
Long enough. I had dealings with Chep some years ago - I can't remember the detailed stats (and if I could I wouldn't divulge them).

Lets face it, people dont exactly guard them with their life. And how do they account for losses in the network (and thus charges)?
They do. Again, I can't remember the numbers, but the amount of assets they have, but never know quite where they are, is interesting.

i work for a big supermarket in the warehouse,chep are in there all the time counting how many of there pallets are on our site,they also send in about 10 trailers a day to collect them,this is big business for them.

Sponsored Links
Back