Blue Spark/Flash when kettle switched on

press the yellow button and the rcd should go to the off position.

if it's not boiling correctly, new kettle time :?:

Sponsored Links
If its a basic test, is there a standard response it should give when I press the button (as I say, a sound, or light)?

Keep the power on when you press the yellow test button it should trip the power to indicate that it is functional. You should be testing this button quarterly any way!

Thank you for your response, I'll give this a shot.

Didn't know this should be checked quarterly - will now do that too!

Sponsored Links
Didn't know this should be checked quarterly - will now do that too!

There (should) be a label on or near your consumer unit that tells you to do this test at least every three months.

same as the label on the dist board cover in the first picture.

Ahh yes, the one that is headed

IMPORTANT
Nodody will read anything marked important.

Maybe it should say
"My Secret Diary, Keep Out"

How did the human race get this far?

Ahh yes, the one that is headedIMPORTANTNodody will read anything marked important.
Often true, but it gets more complicated when such a statement comes from he who said that it didn't matter if the main switch was 'off' when one pressed the test button :). Doing that, even someone who had read the Important message would usually get a misleading result (albeit misleading in a safe direction)!

Kind Regards, John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back