Bluetooth dongle on Smart Tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't sure whether to post this in hardware or software, but after much thought, I think it belongs in software, simply because from a hardware perspective, all seems to be fine. But I have an issue and here it is:
i have a smart tv, brand name is INVES so not very common, I know, and I bought a speaker bar to connect to it by bluetooth. However, there was no bluetooth on my TV. So, I bought a usb Bluetooth dongle and plugged it into the USB port on the smart TV, and sure enough the Bluetooth icon now appears beside the WIFI icon when I turn the TV on. However, I cannot select the bluetooth on the TV and as a result I have no way to search for and sync with my speaker bar. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably should have just bought a better TV and soudbar and just connected them with a good old fashioned cable. But you probably know that already.

I think what you need is a bluetooth module that plugs into the headphone jack, then you adjust the volume on the headphone output.
Not sure about the sync though.

Probably should have just bought a better TV and soudbar and just connected them with a good old fashioned cable. But you probably know that already.
Well. I wanted a 50" Smart TV and had a fairly good budget but not enough to go too mad. I'm perfectly happy with the TV, and it has almost everything I need(minus the bluetooth) Even the speakers on the TV are excellent. But I just thought I'd see if it was any better with the soundbar. The idea is that we want to try the soundbar from behind the sofa, that is why we wanted wireless. Thanks for the reply though.

Sponsored Links
I think what you need is a bluetooth module that plugs into the headphone jack, then you adjust the volume on the headphone output.
Not sure about the sync though.
I've just looked up the bluetooth module and that looks useful too. But I'm not sure if the sync issue would be solved that way.

I got one for the MIL, its so she can watch TV using wireless headphones.
I dont think there was any sync issues.

I noticed that the Bluetooth dongle came with a jack cable and an output on the dongle. I guess that would make it the headphone module? I attached the cable from the dongle to the TV headphone socket. Still no connection. :(

They tend to sync when powered up so you need to make sure both are powered and in sync mode .

They tend to sync when powered up so you need to make sure both are powered and in sync mode .

I powered up the bar and put it in sync mode but I have no idea how to put the dongle in sync mode.

I noticed that the Bluetooth dongle came with a jack cable and an output on the dongle

I suspect this may actually be an input. I suspect the USB is being used for power. Take a lead from the audio output of the TV and plug it in to the jack cable on the dongle so the sound from the TV gets transmitted by the dongle.

I suspect this may actually be an input. I suspect the USB is being used for power. Take a lead from the audio output of the TV and plug it in to the jack cable on the dongle so the sound from the TV gets transmitted by the dongle.
I did do that yesterday. But it still didn't sync, and in fact the speakers on the TV stayed on too. Maybe I need to drop the idea. :(

and in fact the speakers on the TV stayed on too

If you plugged in to the headphone socket, they shouldn't. Is the bluetooth dongle working OK? Plug it in to a USB power source and take an audio input from something else (even your phone, but make sure phone bluetooth is off) and see if you can pair the soundbar. Also, you do have a bluetooth transmitter dongle don't you? and not a receiver? they are not 2-way. You need to transmit TV audio output to the bluetooth receiver in the soundbar.

This might well be the issue. I'm not sure if its a transmitter or a receiver. Thanks for that suggestion. I'll find out.

Sponsored Links
Back