bluetooth OBD dongle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
given some of my current vehicle issues, and the lack of stored codes on my sedona, as read by 3 machines of differing qualities, Im wondering about buying a bluetooth OBD reader, then I can use it to read current active codes whislt on the move via one of the android apps avaliable.

So, does anyone have any exerience/opinions on these adaptors? Im not looking at spending a fortune, they seem to be avaliable for £15-20

Sponsored Links
never used one but they do look good, be carefull not be conned by the cheap chinese stuff out there as its useless.

well, Ive just ordered one, and downloaded to torque to my phone, if it does what it says on the tin, Ill be pleased.

Sponsored Links
I have one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2312bce79c

Together with the full (not free) version of Torque on my Android. It connects to my phone fine & shows all the live data.

However, one day I (stupidly) pulled the connector from my MAF sensor which threw up an "Antipollution Fault" on my car's multi-display & the engine management light came on. Despite reconnecting the MAF, the management light persisted.

When connected up, the dongle/phone combo failed to read any fault codes at all.

Luckily, the "clear fault codes" command did turn the light off - so not all bad.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Well, its arrived, hooked up ok, seems to work fine, gives out the "live data" readings that are avaliable for my car, still no codes coming up to be read though.
was chatting to a garage next door to work today, they were quiet so they stuck my car on the all singing all dancing reader they have, and IT didnt find any stored codes, so its not missing anything, just the OBD on my car is ****e...

you can get some really stubborn cars with code readers and they wont play ball, also communication errors can sometimes be down to incorrect or missing voltage on the obd connector

Back