bmw H reg central locking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi got a 5 series bmw central locking playing up in that all doors pop up except drivers door. i open rear passenger door pull up pop up and away to go. when i go to lock the car all doors lock including drivers door except i can feel that when i turn the key i am mechanically pulling down the pop up on the drivers door (its not being pulled down by an electric motor). Any help on removing door panel to expose workings to find out whats wrong i am guessing the motor might be duff or could be lucky and a wire may be off

Sponsored Links
Are you talking remote central locking?
One likely suspect I have seen on a couple cars is where the wiring loom goes from the drivers door, through a flexible tube and connects to the bulkhead, (Ford uses a plug/socket arrangement here). I have found wires off owing to a bit of moisture and stress of opening/closing the door.

fireman22 said:
hi got a 5 series bmw central locking playing up in that all doors pop up except drivers door. i open rear passenger door pull up pop up and away to go. when i go to lock the car all doors lock including drivers door except i can feel that when i turn the key i am mechanically pulling down the pop up on the drivers door (its not being pulled down by an electric motor). Any help on removing door panel to expose workings to find out whats wrong i am guessing the motor might be duff or could be lucky and a wire may be off

I have a P reg 325 that had a similar problem...near side rear failed about 3 yrs ago, then the boot would intermittently operate, then they all suddenly failed about 12 months ago...personally I think age and moisture has a lot to do with it...Mine is on 215000 miles at the mo...not really worth getting it sorted, but thats a personal choice!

Sponsored Links
Back