Board ahesive at edges of plasterboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I read once many moons ago that you aren't supposed to use board adhesive right up to the edge of the board, this means that where two boards meet there isn't any adhesive across the joint.

Just curious what the reason for this is? I assume (wrongly it seems) that compound across the joint would reduce the risk of cracking along that joint in future?

Thanks,

Russ

Sponsored Links
Not heard of that. I thought the robust detail meant perimeter of every board needed ashesive for sound/smoke/fire?

You do need a continuous run of adhesive around top and bottom of boards for fire regs, the reason you don't run it right to the perp edge is so it doesn't impede your next board going on when it squashes out of the sides. By the time you've levelled your board it will be practically to the edge anyway, just takes practice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back