Board Finish or multi finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have to plaster out my drylined porch this weekend.

I have never used Board Finish before as I have always used the pink Multi Finish. What are the pros and cons of using the Board Finish.

I have read some posts on here and when plaster board is being skimmed over, everyone seems to suggest Board finish :confused:

Any hint would be appreciated...

Sponsored Links
I’ve found not everyone stocks Board Finish so Multi-Finish tends to be easier to get hold of & is usually a bit cheaper. Multi-finish is also slightly more versatile as it’s suited to both board & base plaster finishes so I tend to stick with it whatever I’m doing. I have used Board Finish a few times but don’t recall any significant difference in use; Multi may take slightly longer to go off when used on boards but that’ll be a bonus if you’re not that experienced.

multi is a tighter, denser, less granular powder and will 'hold off' for longer. not good if you are trying to earn a crust whilst skimming a small area of boards. ;)

the surface finish is pretty much the same though.

any skim that will hold off for a prolonged period is also more likely to go more suddenly.

the old carlite wall finish would hold off forever then, bam! it would set. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back