boarding loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mum who lives up north (2 bed terrace slate roof) had a carpenter come and put a new loft entrance and door fitted also she wanted boarding to store stuff. Now from what she told me (at her request) he has boarded the floor the roof and sides with chipboard ie made a type of store room. I am worried this is not correct (membrane etc) There is no felting too if this matters. Can you guys just give me an idea if there are things that should have been done?

Many thanks

steve

Sponsored Links
My mum who lives up north (2 bed terrace slate roof) had a carpenter come and put a new loft entrance and door fitted also she wanted boarding to store stuff. Now from what she told me (at her request) he has boarded the floor the roof and sides with chipboard ie made a type of store room. I am worried this is not correct (membrane etc) There is no felting too if this matters. Can you guys just give me an idea if there are things that should have been done?

Many thanks

steve
Im no joiner but providing your ceiling now come floor joists are the correct centers ie not too wide then t & g chip board sheets are whats used these days.The draw back with chip board in a loft with no felt in is if water does get in chip board does not last long.Like i said im no joiner but a roofer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back