Bodywork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just pushed out some dents in my daughters car and left a few hollows paint work is not damaged . I'd like to fill those areas .
Do I rub it back and fill?
Or do I fill on top of good paintwork?
Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
dunno if its worth it,but have you considered someone like dent magician or chips away.
or is this just a runaround and you fancy having a go yourself?
watching wheeler dealers at the mo,and he has rubbed down the paintwork before filling and re-coating.

you need to rub it back to bare metal ideally otherwise it's unlikely to "stick".

if its anything other than a major dent i would advise against it. do not underestimate how much work you will need to do to make it look any better than it does right now.

Well it's her first car a 2000 vw polo 1.4s It's generally in good nick but there were dents in the door and above the rear wheel arch which is why it was cheap,I would like to get it straight before she puts her own custom dents in
:D
Don't laugh but she hit a road sign in her instructors car the day I bought it, his had to be recovered.
Thanks for the info.

Sponsored Links
Well it's her first car a 2000 vw polo 1.4s It's generally in good nick but there were dents in the door and above the rear wheel arch which is why it was cheap,I would like to get it straight before she puts her own custom dents in
:D
Don't laugh but she hit a road sign in her instructors car the day I bought it, his had to be recovered.
Thanks for the info.

a ten year old polo is worth next to nothing. if she is that bad i wouldn't waste your time. :LOL:

a ten year old polo is worth next to nothing.[code:1]

Yea I know but was having a good delve into the inards today and they built them well and sturdy, good old tank. It'll do her and she loves it.
Started a bit of tradition my first car was a 1957 split screen beetle, cost me £35 in 1971 wish I still had it :( [/code:1]

Back