Bog Leak

E

EdwardCurrent

Hello All,
Mother, bless Her, has had a bathroom re-vamp. I don't 'do' water so a fitter I know has done the job. Where the new toilet has the 'tank' sat directly to the 'pan' the bloke pointed out how the gasket was not of a high standard so he used some mastic too. It seemed to be fine but have had the dreaded call from Mother saying that it is leaking :oops: .

It is a B+Q jobbie, has anyone had the same problems and found a way around it please ?? I would rather advise him than listen to him 'lose it' trying :LOL:

Thanks for any help and advice.
Ed.

Sponsored Links
if it's the rubber doughnut, mastic (Plumber's Mate? Boss White?) will make it worse.

I don't know what Silicone would do (except glue the bits together)

Are you sure the cistern is aligned with the top of the pan? Not pushed out by an uneven wall or something?

EdwardCurrent said:
Thanks for any help and advice.
Ed.

Silicone around hole in pan and place donut on.
Silicone on top of donut and place cistern on and tighten wingnuts.
Job done ;)

Sponsored Links
Cheers JD (rcbo).
Its a nightmare as he has had to leave the tank 'away' from the wall, to be boxed in (due to linking limitations to the boss). It seemed like a 'good joint' to me :eek: , tight as...... First off it leaked a lot so he used some silicone and we left it and then it seemed fine ? Not that it is !!!
I'm sure he will sort it , but wondered if it was a common fault found.
Ed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back