Not tested

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been to a B&Q back to the wall toilet suite, customer had fitted it himself, it leaked, but as the stupid design is back to the wall how the hell do you see what is leaking !!, he allready had one plumber out to it who failed to spot the problem, ( well you cant see the join Eric), I got called to it, I connected it with a flexi concertina and temporary hep20 to fll it, bloody thing piissed out, the outlet was a dreadful shape with a ridge on it, but that wasn't the probelm, with the help of a mirror and a torch I found it was a fissure in the casting at rim height higher up, water was running down making it look like the pan connecter was the problem,blooddy thing OBVIOUSLY never been tested, gave him a bill and reciept for £85.00 and told him to claim his time, the other plumbers time and my bill from B&Q, make these sheds wake their ideas up, what a lot of time and money wasted just because they cant be arrssed to test these things, are B&Q making THAT much priofit they can absorb all this loss, if so I think we are bein gripped off with the price of everything else to subsidise these sort of things, this isn't the first time I have had customers get reimburment from them for dodgy plumbing materials.

Sponsored Links
Just had a Kaldewei steel bath with the handle-holes too close together for the handle.
At this point the taps and waste were on, and it was about to get siliconed to the wall. The "proper" course of action was very untempting as the owner was coming out of hospital.
I filed the hole 2mm oval and covered it in LS-X.

I find this business of (us) having to beef up and faf around with makers equipment unacceptable and charge the customer extra and push them to get
recompence from either the makers or the merchants, I only get paid to do my job, not some spotty part time yts or students temp job at some factorys, I had to faf around with a Mira shower seat last week because the threads were not tapped out properly, at £85.00 for a plastic seat I expect their machining to be near perfect not anyhow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back