Boiler and Programmer have no power after Theromstat change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today I change my Honeywell T6360B Thermostat with with the DT90E, using the same colours as mentioned in another thread on here. After doing this I now have no power to either my boiler (Danesmoor 20/25, Oil) or the Honeywell programmer.

I've swapped the fuse in both the Spur (5amp), and the honeywell 42005748-001 wiring center, to no avail. There is no breaker in the consumer unit for the heating. What could be causing this? I've swapped back to the T6360B with the same lack of power, so that isn't the issue.

Help.

Sponsored Links
Not as far as I can tell (I've no multimeter so can't say for certain if they had or not). I've tried 3 other fuses, even with the old theromstat installed. The one in the wiring centre wasn't blown as it was a clear fuse.

Sponsored Links
Dan is a very experienced engineer who is trying to help u! Never trust wire colours when changing stats, use the wiring diagrams, ur blue may have been neutral but may have been the yellow, it looks like you may have blown maybe an internal fuse on ur boiler?

I remember last year having to re do a church heating control system.

came across this little lot:

Turn separate consumer units fed it. Or so I thought. Cut the power from the two and tested assorted wires.

Spidey senses were tingling and decided (after a dozen or so snips) to check a few more terminals.

Well blow me (no pun intended), but a solitary black wire was being fed 230vAC from a third flecking CU subsequently found in the gents bogs on the other side of the buildings.

You gotta love the randomness of heating electrics.

It is why most sparks can't cope and run away :LOL:

BTW - that pic was taken well into the snipping process. Were a few more wires at the start.

Lacing this lot together at the moment with the help of another member here. Should look a lot neater when finished.
[/URL]:D

Dan is a very experienced engineer who is trying to help u! Never trust wire colours when changing stats, use the wiring diagrams, ur blue may have been neutral but may have been the yellow, it looks like you may have blown maybe an internal fuse on ur boiler?

:confused: I wasn't belittling Dan at all? Hence why I questioned what the damage could be. I did cross reference both Colour/positions to ensure that it was correct before I installed the new stat.
One thing I didn't mention was the wires were actually in a connection strip before the new Thermostat was installed a notice that the boiler and programmer were both off, I presumed this was as there was a no stat install? (The Electric was off when I removed the old stat!)

I tested the fuse (and others) and it was fine, not blown.

I then left the system turned on without a fuse, put the fuse back in and switched on/off. It's now working. How odd. (no other changes were made)

I would like to say thanks for all the suggestions, and didn't mean to come across badly :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back