Changing Potterton PRT100ST to Honeywell DT90e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I'm new to the forum so hi!

I'm looking to change my Potterton PRT100ST room thermostat to a new digistat and I'm probably going to go for a Honeywell DT90e.

I’m trying to work out (before buying it) – how it’ll be wired up, as I'm a firm believer of planning things before doing them.

At the moment, the Potterton is wired up as follows:

1 – TL (Thermostat Live)
2 – H (Heating Load)
3 – N (Neutral)

The new one is a Honeywell DT90e and having read the ‘Installation Manual’ (http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/honeywell-dt90e-wired-digital-room-thermostat/honeywell-dt90e-specification-guide.pdf) and I’m trying to understand the wiring for it.

I don’t think it needs Neutral, as it’s only a two wire thermostat so will only need Thermostat Live (which I think means the thermostat is live based on when programmer in our airing cupboard and has turned the heating on) and Heating Load (the power to the boiler to say power on because the temperature is below the required temp).

For piece of mind, I'd be interested to know if what I say above makes sense and is correct..

Moving on....

Based on the Installation instructions on Page 5 of the guide I've linked too. I think diagram (a) is our setup which is just for a boiler and I’m of the opinion that I’d have to wire it as follows (based on the current thermostat):

A – Thermostat Live
B – Heating Load
N – not used

If you need more info on our setup, allow me to explain:

i) Potterton Suprima 40 Boiler (with the new PCB board)
ii) Programmer in airing cupboard for H/W and C/H
iii) Potterton PRT100ST Room Stat situated in hallway.

PS: I have searched the forums for info on the PRT100ST and is how I discovered that TL stands for Thermostat Live and H for Heating Load and just want reassurance that my understanding of the new stat is correct, because others on the forums suggested changing the PRT100ST to the DE90e.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Potterton = Honeywell
1/TL = A
2/H = B
3/N = Not used, make safe in a connection block

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back