Boiler and rad issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two problems, first, my wate cylinder is getting to hot/burning hot, the thermostat is not kicking in. How can I verify that this is the problem, any wiring diagram for a cylinder?
Second, air locked rads, i am using a gas burner to heat the rads, I have a total of x11 rads in the house, x4 rads are upstares, and these 4 are getting airlocked. When I blead the 4 they are ok, for about a day, and then get locked again. Is air getting into the system, upstares?, how can i isolate the problem, and how can i fix?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
my wate cylinder is getting to hot/burning hot, the thermostat is not kicking in. How can I verify that this is the problem?

Because your cylinder is getting to burning point.

Just put a new thermostat in - they're quite cheap.

Sounds like air is being drawn into your heating. Could be an original design fault, or something which has developed because of sludge build-up. Either way you need a heating engr to sort it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back