Boiler choice Alpha or Intergas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm glad I've found this site & have done several searches & found the responses to be helpful so I'm hoping for some help with my dilemma

We are currently in the process of replacing a 12 year old Alpha 240p combi and relocating the new boiler into the loft space.

As expected the several quotes we've had suggest different boilers. Namely Alpha cd35c & Intergas hre36/30.

Whilst the 240p has been pretty reliable over the years we have had issues with the diaphragm needing replacing approx 4 times. I understand having spoken to several plumbing merchants that Alphas now have a better reputation and that the diaphragm is no longer the issue it was. I guess technology has moved on.

Now the Intergas interests me as it does away with the diaphragm and therefore makes me feel we will get less issues than we are used to. The only drawback my mate has is that the customer support may not be as good as Alphas if parts are required.

Both boiler installations are the same price. So what is the better boiler all considered ?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Madgpol :) :) :)

Sponsored Links
we used to installed alpha cd32c and a few cd35c but now install intergas boilers.

I can confidently say that intergas beats alpha in every shape and form going.

intergas is more efficient has less moving parts( also less parts overall to go wrong) has better controls options (opentherm & weather comp). lighter and more compact, easier to work on and is more flexible in how you can install it.

now don't get me wrong, i loved the cd32c(the cd35c was a step backwards in many ways) and it was a very good try at a condensing boiler...just intergas is better. also alpha as a company is total crap at after sales support.

just my IMO though and getting the right installer is just as important if not more.

Sponsored Links
Just a note to say I don't know the answer to your question because we only fit Bosch, Vaillant and Viessmann.

However, if you are not aware it might interest you to know that virtually all modern combis have no diaphragm. They use electric motored valves, because the diaphragm ages and fails.

The Intergas may seem a 'different' solution but it is one of a number of 'no diverter valve' combination boilers developed over the last 30 years.

It may prove to be excellent but some previous similar attempts have ended in tears. Be careful what you wish for.

i agree on the note caution and that all boilers break down at some stage.

but
The Intergas may seem a 'different' solution but it is one of a number of 'no diverter valve' combination boilers developed over the last 30 years
is a little bit of a half truth

can think of many(or any for that matter) condensing combi boiler like intergas that don't have any DV.

http://www.intergasheating.co.uk/movies/

Well,

To be pedantic (but not vindictive) you have the ACV Heatmaster 35TC - we've put that in a few large houses and it has no div valve. But it is a condenser.

I installed 4 Viessmann 100 combi's in july 2008 all 4 of them have failed on the electrically operated diverter valve :( So be carefull of false promises

If that's the only problem you have had with the <2009 model 100 combi, you are doing well.

fair enough simond...made me laugh when i google it :LOL:

I quite like viessmann but had a new 100w go down a week after I installed it with a failed PCB :oops:

installed a few viessmann 200w systems boiler in a 4 pipe config though and they are going strong

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back