Boiler choice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at replacing boiler. Got a potterton flamingo. Do I go for a combi or keep hot water tanks etc and have a new condensing boiler. Typical 3 bed house, electric shower, 9 radiators. Boiler in kitchen, tank above in bathroom.

Budget is 2k.

Sponsored Links
Worcester 18ri or 24ri, glowworm flexicom sx, baxi solo. You can pressurise your heating system and keep your hot water cylinder as it is. If you want to save space then a combi is good so long as you have decent water pressure and you don't put in a piece of junk.

Sponsored Links
Do I go for a combi or keep hot water tanks etc and have a new condensing boiler. Typical 3 bed house, electric shower, 9 radiators.
Unless you need the space taken by the HW cylinder for something else, there's no point fitting a combi. The HW cylinder provided you with a backup (electric immersion) if the boiler goes wrong.

Use Whole House Boiler Size Calculator to find out what size boiler you need. I doubt if you will need anything like an 18kW boiler, though it depends on how good the insulation is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back