BOILER CLICKING AND RE IGNITING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
Can you help please?
I have a Glow worm ultimate 50ff boiler and its driving us mad can you help please?. When its on it keeps every few seconds clicking like its trying to ignite again. Some of the time when i look in the pilot light viewing hole you can see the flame going out and the clicking starts immediately and the boiler re ignites and the flame is away again.
Sometimes this is worse than others and im sure now its getting worse although everything with the heating and hot water works fine.

Please any ideas at all?

Thanks Kevin

Sponsored Links
Common fault with this boiler to do with the pilot and lack of flame sensing.Should only be done by registered engineer.A good idea is a regular service,and if done annually it should prevent this fault.

Thank you,
What do you think that means for us now? service or possibly new parts.
Can a qualified plumber use test equipment to identify faults?.

Impossible Question to answer - get the boiler serviced and you will then find out if parts are required! ;)

Sponsored Links
If it was a problem with flame detection then the ignition sequence would go no further than the pilot flame stage.As you state that the system heats then i don't think this is the problem.If the main burner is ignighting then cutting off then it could be a problem with the pcb.One thing for sure is if you don't get it seen to soon the spark generator on the board is going to burn out with the constant cycling on and off.

The above is not correct about no further than the pilot.The sequence is allowing main burner start but then pilot is slightly distorted/shortened during main flame stage and rectification is disturbed and the sequence starts again.
A service will sort it.
PS the pcb's are normally reliable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back