Boiler Cold Fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
According to the installation manual for my newly installed Vaillant ecoTEC 428 plus, the cold fill should be connected from the underside of the flow pipe; mine is connected to the top (as in this diagram).

What problems will this cause (if any)? Should I get my plumber to fix it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Cold feed looping round underneath was common practice some time ago I think, cut a few out as they became blocked with crud over time. Usually found out after draining system to work on it, then couldnt get it to refill. Probably thousands of systems installed as yours has been, mine included. As John has said, wont make any difference.

Thanks. The robot tech I spoke to at Vaillant said that the boiler would shut down, overpump snd suffer from air locks unless it was plumbed EXACTLY as per the manual. I thought that he was probably just CYA

Sponsored Links
Ignore him he is talking SH#TE the thought behind looping the cold feed from underrneath was to stop it blocking but in real life it is no different from teeing in at top

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back