Boiler comes on for 5 mins then turns off - then comes back

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening Guys,
Im new to the site i have registered as im having problems with my boiler.

Basically the boiler just keeps coming turning itself off and then comes back on for a few minutes then back off and so on...

The thermostat is set to 26 so its not turning off because its reached maximim heat as the house is freezing!

The boiler is a Baxi Solo 3 PFL 50

Will be getting an engineer out tmrw but wanted to know if theres anything i could check first??

Sponsored Links
Basically the boiler just keeps coming turning itself off and then comes back on for a few minutes then back off and so on...

The boiler can produce more heat than the radiators can dissipate, it has to regularly shut down.

If your radiators have TRVs and any are cold, the TRVs may be stuck. Take the heads off and carefully pull the pins up with pliers.

If radiators are properly hot the only thing to do is fit bigger radiators.

The thermostat is set to 26 so its not turning off because its reached maximim heat as the house is freezing!

You wouldn't like the temperature in my house! Where I am sitting at the moment I am content with 17 degrees. Do you know what temperature yours does reach?

The boiler is a Baxi Solo 3 PFL 50
Yep, mine annoys me too. It seems there are boilers that have a better way of managing it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back