boiler constantly calling for heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the make/model Vaillant VCW GB 242 EH

the problem
i had a standard timer switch fitted with the boiler controls ie. off timer 1 timer 2 and constant positions about 6 month ago i put the controls to the off position and the CH wouldn't shutdown so to shut it down i have to press the hotwater only switch on the boiler itself and then CH and hot water for the heating so to me it sounded like timer a stuck on the constant closing the circuit.
i've just replaced the the timer with a drayton digistat 3+rf and when installing and turning on for the first time the boiler had started the CH before i pressed the override on the receiver so the boiler constantly calling for heat unless i put it to hotwater only

any suggestions

Sponsored Links
all the wiring is correctly installed i took off the timer and the boiler still runs when CH button is pressed

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back