Boiler Controls for New build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking for advice for choosing controls for a new central heating system to be fitted.

The specification states:

A rated Combi with weather compensator.

2 separate heating zones with individual temperature and time control.

Thermostats to have delayed start.

=========================

I have chosen an Ideal Logic + (need a compact boiler to fit in cupboard). This has a weather compensator option.

What programmable thermostats with delayed start would you recommend.

Would a separate boiler programmer be necessary under this setup as the thermostats are providing the control.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you want Internet control? You'll need a separate programmer if you want individual time control of the two zones, or alternatively two programmable room thermostats.

I would fit a Worcester Bosch CDi Compact (fits in a cupboard) with an FW 100 weather compensator or the new Sense version. I would then zone the house using Evohome.

That will get your SAP rating up, especially as the CDi condenses in HW mode for extra points.

Thanks for the replies. Evohome is a little pricey.

I would like some more guidance on the use of either

1) programmable delayed start thermostats and a single channel programmer

2) A 2 channel programmer with simple delayed start thermostats.

I presume the same can be achieved with either of the above, individual time and temp control of each of the two zones, but is their any advantages of one over the other.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
1) programmable delayed start thermostats and a single channel programmer
Programmer not required, time functions are already built into the thermostats.

You set each thermostat with the desired room temperature at whatever times you want that temperature. Boiler is activated as required to achieve the temperatures desired, which will vary depending on the existing room temperature.

There is no concept of 'at 6pm the heating turns on'. Instead, it's 'at 6pm I want the room to be at 20C' .

2) A 2 channel programmer with simple delayed start thermostats.
Three devices where two will do. If such a system was installed it would be setting the time you want the system to be on, then set each thermostat with the temperature you want. Not unlike heating systems from many decades ago. Not recommended.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back