Boiler cover?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

My Uncle wants to get his boiler covered but is not sure which company offers the best service.

He is looking at BG, Homeserve and Domestic and General.

He just wants to be covered as his boiler has been playing up recently.

Oh and the boiler is a Biasi 24S.

Sponsored Links
well they all offer pretty poor service overall. I'd say its usually dependant on what engineer they send you. They've all got good and bad ones so its a bit of a lottery. I don't know if Biasi offer any kind of cover and if so what kind of people they send, but worth finding out.

i am pretty pos biasi don't come out to repair boilers unless thats changed, someone will no doubt correct me if i am wrong , the only thing worth checking is if homeserve and domestic and general have exclusions like age and limited call outs.

Sponsored Links
if ya are having probs with it, it would have to repaired before it is taken on the homecare agreement with bg. they do a fix price repair for around £168..
how has the boiler been playing up?

At the moment it's working, pressure switch has been replaced recently. It's not been so reliable since last winter needed a few parts such as DV's etc.

David, if its water parts, it might be time to put your flushing skills back in to practice ;)

Thanks mickyg...erm what's your name I don't like referring to you as your forum name ;) Mike I guess?

Do you reckon it will need flushing if the heating is working perfectly i.e radiators hot from top to bottom and not gassing up etc?

I think the PCB has also been replaced at some point.

So, what should I tell him?

He has tried many local engineers and has been let down too many times; engineers not turning up, not being able to diagnose the fault, charging him for things that didn't fix the boiler....the list goes on. Someone would recommend him an engineer which is supposed to be good but then he is let down. This is why he wants the peace of mind that his boiler is insured for breakdowns etc.

phone bg and tell them there is a problem with it and you would also like breakdown cover. they will offer quite a range of options such as paying a 1off fee to incorporating the price of the repair into his monthly payments (for homecare cover).

Thanks mickyg...erm what's your name I don't like referring to you as your forum name ;) Mike I guess?

Do you reckon it will need flushing if the heating is working perfectly i.e radiators hot from top to bottom and not gassing up etc?

I think the PCB has also been replaced at some point.

A flush would be beneficial if he's having water parts changing regularly. Such as diverter valves, low water pressure switches, aavs and regular EV top ups. If its electrical stuff then don't worry about it. By the sounds of it a service plan might not be a bad idea it the engineers he's found so far are that unhelpful.

MICK ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back