Breakdown cover.

Sponsored Links
[/size
Had a bit of a result folks.

Homeserve arrived today and switched my boiler on again and have decided to replace the main board. The have not said anything about the ventilation and have left the boiler on so I can get hot water at least and occasional central heating.

Worcester Bosch have listened to reason and are only going to charge a £115 call out fee so a saving of nearly a hundred pounds.

British Gas are hopefully going to visit under a Warm Front type plan and condemn the system and hopefully I will get a new one.

You couldn't make this up.

Jock.
[/b]

You certainly couldn't make it up Jock. The guy from Tam Graham who turned the boiler on has left himself wide open to trouble though. If he knowingly turned a boiler on which is at risk,or was incompetent enough not to notice it was at risk he could be R.I.D.D.O.R. reported. Make that SHOULD be R.I.D.D.O.R. reported! Hopefully you do qualify for a new boiler. It's gettin a wee bit shairp at night
:cry:

I didn't think you could riddor an at risk. Surely the point of a riddor is that the appliance has been left in a dangerous condition and the point of an 'at risk' is that there is a potential risk of a situation turning into a dangerous condition

Sponsored Links
good news , a bit of justice,i take back what i wrote about worcester ect

but the ventilatoin issue ,i would not r.i.d.d.o.r the engineer
it might of been n.t.c before june 2008,so hope u get new boiler soon/
u know the risk,so its down to u to turn off.as well.

:rolleyes:
Even better news.

Homeserve have sent me out my new insurance for year commencing December 2009. So what is this riddor and ntc mean ??? How would another engineer know that a system is AR. I never saw the Worcester engineer sticking anything on the boiler.
We have lived with this system since it was seemingly incorrectly installed about 15 years ago without any adverse effects. We would still be in the dark about the legislation had the service engineer just fixed it in the first place. You just assume that installation and boiler service engineers know what they are talking about.Fortunately we fitted detectors years ago. Maybe I should have just got one of those famous Polish plumbers that I read about in the papers.
Jock.

:(
Bad news folks....Homeserve/Thomas Graham's egineer who visited me last Wednesday deny that the boiler was broken. Although the engineer borrowed my manual and parts list to get the part number for the main board, he didnt phone in to his office for the part to be orderred as he said he would. When I phoned Thomas Graham this morning regarding the fitting of the board I assumed would have arrived by now....HE HUNG UP as soon as I mentioned my name....Not a great advertisement for plumbers. I had to contact Homeserve again and they had to fax him as he wasnt answering. Someone from Thomas Graham phoned me after about 30 minutes to arrange for them to visit tomorrow at 9 am.
So 3 cheers for Thomas Graham plumbers from Dalgetty Bay.....I wont be holding my breath for a result..
Jock.

Tam Grahams lot have a bit of a poor reputation for their breakdown and service work. I've been at the back of a couple of their guys to sort jobs which have been abandoned (insurance work). I believe that the majority of their work is in new build schemes,mostly in Dunfermline and Kirkcaldy. Unfortunately a lot of the boys who fit heating systems cant necessarily repair or service them properly. Did you get your money back from Worcester?

Hi Boabcelt,

Worcester eventually decided after complaint to only charge for a callout. So all in it cost me £115 to get the guy to condemn my boiler but I am realistic and expected to pay something so no complaints there.
The Thomas Graham engineer is coming back tomorrow morning. Sods law.....I have had no heating all day since 8am. The pump is running and the demand light is on.....its stayed that way until 3pm when it decided to fire up and it still going. I am sure the same will happen tomorrow when and if they arrive. I have also noticed that the pressure is down every morning to about zero and has to be recharged .

:(
Update folks,

The Thomas Graham engineer arrived today about 9 am. Took a quick look and found that the heating doesnt work. We a have been saying this for about 4 weeks now but that's heating engineers for you.
He has decided that it is the main board (again) and phone his parts dept for a replacement board to come from Edinburgh. It may come today or tomorrow......I wont be holding my breath. He did phone in front of me so we live in hope.
Jock.

RESULT

eNGINEER CAME THIS MORNING AND FITTED REPLACEMENT BOARD AND IT APPEARS TO WORK......
PITY IT TOOK 4 WEEKS TO GET IT FIXED..

Hi there,

The engineer did not say anything about the venting. I casually mentioned theat I was hoping to get it replaced due to my circumstances and he said that normally for this to happen...the boiler would have to be condemned and he had doubts that my worcester bosch boiler would qualify.......very strange.
So where did BG come into it ?

You should have been notified about the ventilation again by the engineer that fitted pcb too. Did he test the boiler after fitting pcb?

Only i mentioned BG. Its normally them that get all the grief on here :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back