Boiler Breakdowns

course for a 28 year old vaillant?!! that's older than me! haha!! I didn't mean it to sound that way, just meant it's not impossible to find faults on boilers for engineers who can use a multimeter etc - the Original poster was a gas engineer.....

Sponsored Links
yes he was, and unlike you, he manned up and admitted his shortcomings and asked for the best way to gain experience.

You ,young man, tried to be billy big balls and tell anyone who would listen that breakdowns were not rocket science, implying that anyone can do it ( even someone who cannot make a threaded joint up)

I hear this bull everytime I go into the merchants, they are loads like you, all mouth and no trousers, how much money they make, how many boilers they install a week etc etc.

Are you even registered?

when did I even say that?! People like you make me so annoyed - why get so aggressive? I don't go in merchants and say a jack I don't even go in merchants.

By the way - i DID NOT say anyone could do it and on the joint - I said I used hemp before.

Sponsored Links
no I am not. I have done non gas repairs though outside the boiler and some in ie thermistor, pressure, pcb etc - I'm not an expert of course but just was sticking up for OP!

Ladies & Gents, I rest my case. What a clown. And after you have changed the PCB, how do you check the boiler is still working according to the MI's? BP etc etc?

the only fault on board i had was a connection was loose so i just connected it back in - the other faults I had; thermistor faulty on DHW side, pressure problems, expansion vessel faults, pump faults, low water pressure switch faulty

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ok guys he accepts he is a fool.!!

he knows boiler repairs is not easy (i think)

try changing a diverter vlv on a cdi & tell me its easy, first one took me 3 flippin hours, an i can do isar heat exchangers in a hour!

let me just clarify - i KNOW breakdowns are NOT easy!! I just wanted to point out to the OP that they are not all impossible if you are willing to learn to fault find / repair and train up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back