Boiler breakdown courses?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend any breakdown cours(es) that could help me pick up some new stuff/tips etc? I have been doing installs for years and want to move into the breakdown sides as my legs and back is not very good! :cry:

I have done some breakdowns, faults such as fans, aps, expansion vessel, pressure problems, controls outside boiler etc. I've been on the worcester cdi range, vaillant ecotect courses and they were good, but conecentrated on the newer boilers, and wasn't very much fault finding on them.

Any recommendations would be very useful

Sponsored Links
The problem with makers courses is they never major on fault finding as they stupidly think that this gives the impression thast their boilers are unreliable! when in truth any boiler can and does break down!
most makers courses i have been on cover specification, installation & commissioning - never in-depth fault finding :confused:

I went ages ago on an Ideal Response course because no body then seemed to understand pre mix boilers and I wanted to ensure that I knew everything about them.

Now this course was spot on, told us how the first model was such a disaster and had to be withdrawn to be redesigned etc. But there was a very good reason why it was so good!

The person who usually did the training was not available and we had one of their staff engineers who told us everything about the boilers that Ideal would not have wanted anyone to know!

The worst was Vokera! After they made me move my car ( twice ) and park it in a very risky place beside waste land 1/2 mile away just so the owner could park his Rolls in his usual place. I have never forgotten what a cock up Vokera made on that day and have never fitted one of their boilers since!

Oh yes! The Vokera course was so bad because they had hired an ex British Gas trainer who knew nothing about their boilers. He was completely stuck when someone asked what were the common faults on one of their models in front of us. He had no idea!

I do repair a lot of their old boilers though. In fact had to replace a fan today in DP's favourite boiler, the 20-80.

Tony

I don't think there are any boiler companies that offer fault finding courses, most concentrate on existing ranges and new ones. Doesn't stop asking these questions if you are on a course though I suppose, sorry I can't be any more help.

Sponsored Links
i had a simialr experiance as Agile on a potterton powermax course, usual bloke not available so senior area tech took the course and he was magnificent

I went on the Vokera course today funny enough which was very good. VC is a very nice and knowledgeable fella. I (breakdown novice) learnt quite a bit from today.

The sandwiches were very nice too :D

i went on a raveneat day about a month ago and the new combi looks excellent. there training day was good too

i went on a raveneat day about a month ago and the new combi looks excellent. there training day was good too

wash your mouth out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the words ravenheat, combi and good just cannot be combined in the same sentance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

What was in those sandwiches?? :confused:

narbis and crack I shouldnt wonder if a generally clever and wise individual thinks that ravenheap are producing a top notch combi, he'll be saying that Ideal are top notch next....................Wait a cotton picking minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:0)

I can see a name change coming up.... Onlyfitidealboilers to........Onlyfitanythingfarfromideal....

I am going to change my name to

iwishicouldfitprofilesinsteadofmofernshitboilers

Look lads i am open minded an these two boilers look excellent.. i dont fit any more tho as i only do repairs...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back