Boiler Breakdowns

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ok guys he accepts he is a fool.!!

he knows boiler repairs is not easy (i think)

try changing a diverter valve on a cdi & tell me its easy, first one took me 3 flippin hours, an i can do isar heat exchangers in a hour!

first time i did it it took me 4 hours and i had to call mate to bail out
as snapped screw on plate and got very wet and cold i learnt the hard and costly way :oops:

The first one that I did took me 2 1/2 hours during which something was not tight and I got a bit wet.

Since then apart from one to help to teach a trainee what NOT to do, I usually recommend that they get a fixed price repair from BG or Worcester.

Ravenheat 620s are not much better when you cannot get a spanner in place for the large connection. Last one but one I had to take back to workshop and heat up as it was jammed solid.

Tony

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ok guys he accepts he is a fool.!!

he knows boiler repairs is not easy (i think)

try changing a diverter valve on a cdi & tell me its easy, first one took me 3 flippin hours, an i can do isar heat exchangers in a hour!

first time i did it it took me 4 hours and i had to call mate to bail out
as snapped screw on plate and got very wet and cold i learnt the hard and costly way :oops:

Just a heads up lads I do them in about 40 mins!

drain off remove heat exch (plate) undo div valve from pump connection. DO NOT REMOVE BYPASS TUBE! simply loosen off left hand flow manifold 4 screws (don't remove fully) Do not touch flow return isolators. Twist and remove div valve. replace all o rings and refit using plenty of molycote grease. Its the bypass tube and left hand manifold that catch a few lads out! a bugger to get back in if you remove it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back