Storm Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody give me any insight into Storm Heating, a company that does work for Homeserve?

I've had reason in the past to complain about Storm to Homeserve and this week have cancelled my policy of central heating, electrics, draining and plumbing insurance with Homeserve because of Storm Heating.

We've had an intermittent fault in our central heating controls and despite numerous engineers coming out noone has been able to either identify or rectify the problem. The best idea has been that there's an electrical fault. In 2008 a Storm engineer said the system needed a power flush, which invalidated our insurance but after complaining to Homeserve and showing that there was no need for a power flush and it couldn't rectify a control problem the insurance was reinstated.

Recently the problem became permanent, which to me means a breakdown of the system and so covered by the insurance. Knowing they wouldn't be able to find it, I got an independent plumber in to identify the source of the problem. He did, I called Homeserve, Storm came out, recommended a power flush and said the system was too old to sort, despite the fact Homeserve has happily taken our premiums for years.

Is this some kind of standard procedure on Storm's part -- recommending a power flush which immediately invalidates your insurance?

Sponsored Links
Scum Scum Scum...

Ring Homeserve and INSIST they send the manufacturers service team.

Did I mention they are scum ;)

Sponsored Links
Can anybody give me any insight into Storm Heating, a company that does work for Homeserve?
From all I've heard, not the best, and that is putting it mildly.

I've had reason in the past to complain about Storm to Homeserve and this week have cancelled my policy of central heating, electrics, draining and plumbing insurance with Homeserve because of Storm Heating.
I wouldn't consider Homeserve themselves to be the best in the market.

We've had an intermittent fault in our central heating controls and despite numerous engineers coming out noone has been able to either identify or rectify the problem.
You are not the only one.

In 2008 a Storm engineer said the system needed a power flush, which invalidated our insurance but after complaining to Homeserve and showing that there was no need for a power flush and it couldn't rectify a control problem the insurance was reinstated.
You are not the first one who got this old chestnut.

I called Homeserve, Storm came out, recommended a power flush and said the system was too old to sort, despite the fact Homeserve has happily taken our premiums for years.
Is this some kind of standard procedure on Storm's part -- recommending a power flush which immediately invalidates your insurance?
Let's put it this way: one of my clients got the "powerflush excuse" twice.
I diagnosed a broken fan, and a broken diverter.
She was also told by the subbie that she needed a new boiler because it was too old, and parts were not available.
In her case the insurer agreed to foot the bill if she could find an engineer who could solve the problem.
We were both quite happy after my visits. :D

I have been to a few of these.

One was so minor that all it was some air needed bleeding but they had told her she needed a new boiler!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back