Storm Heating broke my boiler

What a partnership!!! but Ive cancelled my Policy with Homeserve !! Im getting my job done with an ex British Gas guy who has gone solo....:D
Frying Pan .......Fire :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
i have read all the posts on this storm complaints and quite frankly some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. i have been a heating proffesional for over 30 years and i will tell you now anybody who says that they have not misdiagnosed a fault is full of it. but i am a realist. so get real people
I never got gas registered - just never needed to do it -gas work :p Love you guys @ each others throats - enjoy your easter break - and you BG gas guys on call , enjoy your Double bubble £ rates - make sure you`re home for Tea :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I wonder if Storm would like to work for the AA - go on make my Day :LOL:

i suspect thats already happening matey

:)

AA Home Emergency Response customer here.

Storm are about to complete their third attempt to fix our gas supply. A quick summary:

January: gas meter replaced, system failed pressure test. AA policy used, and Storm replaced underfloor pipe to boiler. Apparently all was OK, but ...
late May: street dug up and gas piping replaced. On reconnection our system failed pressure test again. This time, Storm replaced piping between downstairs boiler and upstairs water heater.
July: gas leak detected by next door neighbour. Her Gas engineer broke into our property and cut off our gas again. Storm engineer came to assess problem and found 3 issues with work done by his colleague: piping a bit too short, joint not soldered properly, and piping not clipped to wall. At this point, the piping was completely unconnected, less than 6 weeks after it was installed.

AA say that they no longer use Storm, but apparently we have to have them back because they did the original work.

If you buy any kind of home emergency insurance, I would suggest asking the potential insurer whether they use Storm. If they say yes, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

If you buy any kind of home emergency insurance, I would suggest asking the potential insurer whether they use Storm. If they say yes, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

So that rules out British Gas, Homeserve and the AA. I like the sound of that advice ;)

Just checked out Storm Heating web page.

Under installation theres a photo of some bloke working on filling loop, with mole grips :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

do you think we should ring storm up tell them they ripped into on this website and sound like their bunch cowboys

as never had any dealing with them but they don`t come off good here do they

I think I may have the best complaint yet.

(loads on no-shows and idiotic call centre operators throughout)

Visit 1: Guy comes to look at our Biasi Combi boiler and tells my wife we "need a new switch" and orders one.

Visit 2: Another guy comes and agrees that the switch was broken, but not the cause of the fault, we have a faulty diaphram. I explain that the 1st engineer was the only person to have opened my boiler from new (6 years ago) and I suspected he broke the switch when removing it. he agreed it's a possibility and said "I thought we'd got rid of these guys from our firm...obviosuly not" He ordered a diaphram and left us the switch.

Visit 3: Engineer turns up when I'm at work (even though I told them I wouldn't be in) and posts the diaphram throught the door.)

And here's the best one....

Visit 4: Get home from work 10 minutes before an engineer is due. Martin (the engineer on this visit) was waiting for me.

I let him in and POLITELY asked him if he could remove his shoes before walking on a cream carpet (needed it left alone - ongoing insurance claim...long story) he abruptly refused stating that it was agaisnt the law. he was wearing trainers....not exactly work boots eh?

I said I'd rather he didn't walk in them and no previous engineer had had a problem with this. In response he decided to walk off.

When I asked him what he was doing he told me if I didn't want him in I won't get it sorted, so I told him I'd had enough of Storm and didn't want him in my home.

Then he acused me of telling him to "F*ck off" and left.

I walked out of my house and to my car (where my wife and kids were waiting for me) and as I walked past his van he was talking about me on the phone, saying I'm a nightmare and how head office know all about me.

When i asked him if he was talking about me, he walked over, said to whoever was on the phone "hang on a minute, this bloke's looking for a smack on the chin" and walked right up to my face. He then told me how the rules are different in the street and that if I wasn't careful he'd knock me out. I asked him if he was threatening me and he got in his van.

Then, while getting the kids from the car he stopped his van on the way past, hung out of the window and told my wife that I should "stop talking ****". he then told me to remove my glasses so we could sort this out like men. (LMAO)

"let me give you some info" I said. "I'm a boxer, kick boxer, karateka of over 15 years and train professionals in conflict resolution... have a nice day."

His reply: "well your boiler isn't getting fixed at all now so enjoy."

Made an official complaint via my insurers who have apparently escalated it the the highest level and have informed the police to back it up.

I certainly hope he loses his job and the firm lose their contract.

Sorry, long post!!

Visit 2: Another guy comes and agrees that the switch was broken, but not the cause of the fault, we have a faulty diaphram. I explain that the 1st engineer was the only person to have opened my boiler from new (6 years ago) and I suspected he broke the switch when removing it.

Clearly you are not getting your boiler serviced regularly!

Its a credit to the reliability of the Biasi boilers that they can keep working so long without annual servicing as recommended.

Its not advisable for an engineer to remove his shoes as they provide electrical insulation from the floor. What he should have offered to do was to cover his shoes with a plastic bag to protect your flooring.

I note you are also having another argument about your carpet. You seem to be a customer from hell who never gets his boiler serviced and starts arguments and is trained to deliver violence !

Visit 2: Another guy comes and agrees that the switch was broken, but not the cause of the fault, we have a faulty diaphram. I explain that the 1st engineer was the only person to have opened my boiler from new (6 years ago) and I suspected he broke the switch when removing it.

Clearly you are not getting your boiler serviced regularly!

Its a credit to the reliability of the Biasi boilers that they can keep working so long without annual servicing as recommended.

Its not advisable for an engineer to remove his shoes as they provide electrical insulation from the floor. What he should have offered to do was to cover his shoes with a plastic bag to protect your flooring.

I note you are also having another argument about your carpet. You seem to be a customer from hell who never gets his boiler serviced and starts arguments and is trained to deliver violence !

Ha! Are you trolling or what?

I only asked him to remove his shoes while walking to the boiler - I didn't expect him to work without them.

Seriously, who actually gets their boiler regularly serviced? I certainly don't know anyone that does and anyone that claims to in certainly in the minority in my opnion.

So I assume from your reply that you think it's acceptable to swear and threaten to hit a customer? .....is that you martin? :D

In addition, who said there was a complaint about the carpet? Just a boring water damage story that's of no relevence.

You did not make it clear that you did not want him to remove his shoes all the time he was in your house. About 5% of people ask for this, mostly Japanese and middle eastern. He should not have had any problem with this.

Its is totally wrong for any engineer to shout, swear or be rude or agressive to customers. But they are entitled to consider their own dignity and safety when coming into your house. Of course most employers would soon learn if any of their staff regularly acted unreasonably. I have been a few times to homes where a previous engineer refused or had problems. I have only a very few times refused to do a repair myself.

Although you obviously dont believe in getting your boiler and perhaps your cars serviced but many other people do. Not only is it recommended by manufacturers but it also reduces the chance of breakdowns.

Tony

You did not make it clear that you did not want him to remove his shoes all the time he was in your house. About 5% of people ask for this, mostly Japanese and middle eastern. He should not have had any problem with this.

Although you obviously dont believe in getting your boiler and perhaps your cars serviced but many other people do. Not only is it recommended by manufacturers but it also reduces the chance of breakdowns.

Tony

Perhaps boiler servicing is a more obvious course of action as you work in the profession? How about a free service later this year? It might help me keep it in mind. Hell, I'll even let you wear your shoes if you like.

stoney bit of advice you can get steels in trainer know their more comfy to drive in agile not troll(senial may be) but not a troll
but yes you can ask him to shoe covers

stoney bit of advice you can get steels in trainer know their more comfy to drive in agile not troll(senial may be) but not a troll
but yes you can ask him to shoe covers

Yeah, refusing to take your shoes of isn't the problem.... more concerned about a foul-mouthed idiot swearing infront of my young kids and threatening to hit me turning up at my door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back