vokera excell 80 sp boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Homeserve ,part of bradford and bingley have just been to try and repair my boiler ..central haeting was ok ,but only hot water when heating on..engineer has replaced diaphragm but said it is the heat exchanger which is scaled up ..he didnt look at the exchanger ,so i dont know how he came to this conclusion...he said he would bring the part in a few days..after he had gone the home assistance office rang me and said i wasnt covered because the system required a power flush and the heat exchanger ,which they didnt look at,would only get blocked with sludge again if they replaced the exchanger .I told them he didnt even look at it. a homeserve manager then rang me to explain that i wasnt covered because of wear and tear to the domestic heat exchanger ,not the heat exchanger ,but i would have been covered if i had put some descaler in the system when i had it serviced ...they have now just left me and my family with no hot water ,the central heating is running ,but the thermostat dial is not working ,it is at zero ..i rang them back but the engineer said it wasnt working when he looked at it ...so why didnt he fix it ? BRADFORD & BINGLEY HOME ASSISTANCE (HOMESERVE) IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY ..I HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE TO BOTH ALL AFTERNOON ,and all they will say is that if i am not happy ,just cancel the policy ...may as well because they dont repair anything anyway...
What is all this power flush ...and why wont my thermostat dial work ,

Sponsored Links
Lets try and identify the fault for you.

Let the boiler cool down, no heating .

Run a hot tap,

When the tap is running does the CH flow pipe under the boiler get red hot. (2nd pipe from the right)

When you say: no HW without CH heating do you mean that if the heating is not on the boiler will not even fire up or the boiler fires up but the water is cold?

Lets try and identify the fault for you.

Let the boiler cool down, no heating .

Run a hot tap,

When the tap is running does the CH flow pipe under the boiler get red hot. (2nd pipe from the right)

When you say: no HW without CH heating do you mean that if the heating is not on the boiler will not even fire up or the boiler fires up but the water is cold?

Sponsored Links
I reckon you need a diverter valve repair kit. About £30.
About 90 mins to fit. Should sort you out.
Find yourself a good independent repair man and safe yourself money.

In fact a boiler service would be even better

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back