Storm Heating broke my boiler

true but as soon some one back especially an idiots they get more arsy
and they do teach this on your conflict resolution course
my behavior effects your behavior

Sponsored Links
St0ney-
Some facts on Boiler Servicing My Company carries out servicing of over 2500 services per year (domestic boilers like yours) an average day sees me service 4 boilers and attend to 1 breakdown i.e 75% of my time and my collegues is spent SERVICING boilers

and as Agile has told you regular servicing by a proactive company does reduce the probability of a breakdown!! ;)

as for Storm - your choice to subscribe to some useless home breakdown policy who is it with AA, Your Bank? your utillity provider? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seriously, who actually gets their boiler regularly serviced? I certainly don't know anyone that does and anyone that claims to in certainly in the minority in my opnion.

You would be surprised how many do get their boiler serviced as per the manual. Look at it- it does say your boiler should be serviced annually. Skipping service is often always main cause of boiler failing

as for Storm - your choice to subscribe to some useless home breakdown policy who is it with AA, Your Bank? your utillity provider? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well maybe I've missed a trick there, but I have NEVER known anyone who gets theit boiler serviced to my knowledge. What's the average cost?

As for why I got Storm - my home insurance company's home emergency cover. Don't usually have this, but they offered it free to keep my custom and, seeing as my other quotation was only a few quid cheaper, I decided to go for it.

Sponsored Links
Don't suppose the subject of boiler serviceing crops up much in general conversation ( maybe ?)

Don't suppose the subject of boiler serviceing crops up much in general conversation ( maybe ?)

True... but I did ask my work colleagues today and no one had ever had a boiler serviced in my office. Maybe you guys should drop some business cards in.. ;)

Well , if i'm being honest the last time i serviced my 12 year old boiler was errr , never. :oops:

"let me give you some info" I said. "I'm a boxer, kick boxer, karateka of over 15 years and train professionals in conflict resolution... have a nice day."
part of conflict resoltion is not alowing your emotion to highten thus situation does not esculate

omfg

hark at yourselves

jaysus we are banner wavers for decent, polite and respectable heating engineers arent we?

I have never worn shoes in a clients house since I was 17 and traipse three ton of shyte though a punters house and had to pay for the cleaning of thier carpet and i was only on 25 knicker a week.

in all that time i have only ever stubbed me toe.

if the client asks you do or as TOny says whack some covers on.

you DONT threaten the punter EVER and to do it in front of thier kiddies is just nasty, why would anyone want to scare kids????

blimey charlie and shyte on a xmas tree think we are missing the big picture here chaps.

Re. removing shoes!

On a boiler course we were advised that one engineer had taken off his shoes as requested and then trodden on an injection needle and was waiting for the result of a blood test.

That is usually only a problem in social housing ( which I dont normally work on ) but is another reason NOT to remove shoes and to use covers instead.

Tony

Well maybe I've missed a trick there, but I have NEVER known anyone who gets theit boiler serviced to my knowledge. What's the average cost?

As for why I got Storm - my home insurance company's home emergency cover. Don't usually have this, but they offered it free to keep my custom and, seeing as my other quotation was only a few quid cheaper, I decided to go for it.

You are right, boiler servicing is not a common discussion topic. In fact in 15 years I have only once heard a boiler engineer mentioned on the Archers. I might have missed it though because I dont listen to all the episodes.

There is a common feeling that something given away for free has little value! In your case that seems to have been demonstrated.

Because the insurance firm pays Storm so little they cannot get competent and polite people because their salaries are lower so they will always be those who did not get the jobs with BG or Vaillant.

A little known fact is that because its an insurance product its covered by the insurance ombudsman and if you dont get any satisfaction you can escalate a complaint to them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back