boiler cuts out soon as it starts up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first time user, please bare with me.

I have a ariston Dia 24 mffi CE, Its about 12 years old. and has a new pump, heat exchangers, and board. but now it is cutting out soon as heating, or hot water turned on. there is a pilot light, and water and gas are fine. as far as i can tell. can anyone help

Sponsored Links
Hi, first time user, please bare with me.

I have a ariston Dia 24 mffi CE, Its about 12 years old. and has a new pump, heat exchangers, and board. but now it is cutting out soon as heating, or hot water turned on. there is a pilot light, and water and gas are fine. as far as i can tell. can anyone help

Do you mean you want us to take off our clothes? Or did you mean to say "bear with me"?

The burning questions is who changed all those parts, perhaps costing £400, and why they were changed?

As Danny says, it probably needs a proper service. When was this last done?

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
thanks for the spelling correction! bear with me, pump went wrong, then pcb exploded! (got wet) then as this is on an old system, the rest was so full of stuff from old radiators, they were blocked solid, they were cleaned but ended up u.s. no everything works basically new boiler, except for it cutting out, would it be thermostat? and yes service would be good idea. but no hot water and engineer will take 2 weeks. thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back