Boiler cutting out - possible overheat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Bosch 35 cdi that cuts out. Been fine for 5 years I must add.

It works fine providing central heating, and fine providing hot water... until there is a demand for cold water! The boiler then cuts out and requires a reset - most unfortunate when showering :confused:

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thank you Kevplumb. So what might cause this to happen and can it be repaired by a competent DIYer?

Sponsored Links
I booked Bosch to repair the fault with my boiler and they repaired it the other day whilst I was at work. The trouble is I don't know what the fault was so don't know whether it will happen again soon or whether a related fault might occur.

I'll ring them to obtain information before any other fault may be evident. I will then have some information that may, or may not be, relevant to the fault.

Scarbs

The fault listed on th paperwork, recently received, is the secondary heater matrix.

All seems fine for now.

Scarbs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back