Boiler & Damp Damage in Loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of an odd problem - Had a new gas condensing boiler installed in my loft in September 2008 - no problems last winter. But now there appears to be condensation forming on the copper gas supply pipe which in turn is dripping onto the loft floorboard & loft insulation and then causing damp damage to the hall ceiling and wall underneath. None of the water pipes to & from the boiler appear to be leaking and nothing else has changed in the loft - for example new loft insulation.

I have tried putting pipe insulation around the gas supply pipe (not sure if I should do that) in the loft but this made the problem even worse.
The boiler itself was only serviced last month.

Interestingly I have had to top up the pressure in the boiler a couple of times in the last month or so. Is it possible that could be related?

Apologises if this is in the wrong forum topic.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions on this problem.

Sponsored Links
Sounds a bit odd. especially as you've lagged the pipes. There may be a small leak which is traversing down the gas pipe. Only close inspection will be able to ascertain this.

If you're losing pressure and water running down gas pipe the chances are you've got a leak. Best to get the engineer back to have a look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back