boiler driving me mad - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, 2 months ago I had my first service on my Worcester Bosch combo boiler. All has been perfect with my 1 year old boiler… until now.

4 days ago the boiler fired up on it's on and went into lockdown mode insisting on a reset, the frequency has increased since then.

i had the guys who installed it come round who thought that water was backing up into the condense pipe so they did a bit of pipe alternation under the sink so the water would have to travel upwards to reach the boiler… this didn't fix it as the lockdown happened just after he finished but he had to go. That afternoon it kept on going into lockdown mode and refused to come out of it so I switched it off from the mains. Installers told me to call out Worcester Bosch.

Worcester Bosch came round yesterday. Typically, while he was there the stupid boiler would't go into lockdown mode so he could't run the diagnostics thing. He did notice that the water trap was filled to the brim. He emptied it and changed the gas valve and tested a few things, but couldn't find any obvious faults.

This morning at half 5 I was woken up to the stupid boiler running in overdrive with the reset button flashing. In the space of an hour, it was asking for a reset 5 times.

The blue light is a fairly slow flash and the red light is twice as quick as the blue flash.

I've given up and turned the whole thing off from the mains - so not hot water for me!

Does anyone have any ideas because this has taken up 4 days of my time and I was hoping the issue would have been resolved by now. I was hoping a new boiler would give me a few years of peace of mind at least!

If it is the condense pipe still backing up, is it the installers or WB that I need to be contacting again?

Sponsored Links
Thank Worcester for that.

sorry could not resist,on a serious note get Worcester back out to repair the boiler,they charge a lot for what they are.

Thank Worcester for that.

sorry could not resist,on a serious note get Worcester back out to repair the boiler,they charge a lot for what they are.

hmmm. For some reason I was under the impression that Worcester Bosch were a hassle free brand. Clearly not...

Sponsored Links
Get wooster back out but, if the condense is full to the brim again it could be installer error. You could ask installer to temp re-route condense for you.

Your boiler is under warranty - get Worcester back to it, make sure you run it and leave it in it's lockout state before they arrive, don't reset it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back