boiler efficiency

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all,
I have a glow worm 24hxi condesing boiler, which operates with 2x2port honeywell spring return motorised valves, no problem.
If we want hot water, I turn the boiler thermostat up to about 70degrees and with the cyl stat set about 60degrees I get a cylinder full of hot water in about 40 mins from cold, but most of the time I have just the heating on with the boiler stat set near minimum at 50 degrees giving warm radiators which are fine.
In other words I have either hw or heating on, but not at the same time, as each require different boiler operating temps, is this the correct way of operating the system? or am I doing something wrong?
and when is a condensing boiler operating most efficiently?
Kind regards.

Sponsored Links
Leave your boiler stat at 70. Rads will be hotter and the rooms will heat up quicker, and the room stat will shut down your system.

O would look to getting some glowworm comtrols installed, they do what yo are doing automatically, that is prioritise hot water at a higher temperature than heating..which varies according to demand..

climapro and systempro are the names of the products...

Sponsored Links
You should have a wall thermostat and thermostatic radiator valves
then radiator temperature does not matter. The wall thermostat will switch off the boiler when the rooms reach temperature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back