Boiler Engineer voided my boiler cover - Please help

a
One of those 3 engineers if not all of them could have written you a report, and it should be those reports that form your evidence in court, the report should advise the tests which should be carried out, and the items that would be replaced as part of a service.

The 3 engineers that turned up also didn't need to replace the boiler, they could have fixed it by replacing the seals and flushing the heat exchanger, but instead chose to replace the boiler, so was there further issues with the boiler?

I had a similar issue with homeseve a couple of years back, each time an engineer arrived the boiler was made worse, 1 engineer came out twice spoke to my and my wife like crap and left the boiler not working so we refused to have him round any more, they still sent him so we wouldn't let him in. After 3 months in the height of winter with no hot water and electric heaters homeserve changed their terms and conditions and decided they will no longer support my boiler brand, and advised me there was nothing else they could do to fix my problems (upstairs rads not getting hot), I also tried a couple of heating engineers who were just as bad as the homeserve reps, I fixed the boiler and the fault myself. And swore never to use these firms again and to save the £30 per month I was paying them.

thanks but as mentioned as it had been cut off from the gas feed and then removed from the wall during the new install none of the engineers could write a report stating it needed to be attached to the wall and working in some format to be able to write a report

Sponsored Links
Tbh and fair, I wouldn’t want to be filmed either, if I found that out I wouldn’t be wanting my firm to take action against the individual. Why did you feel the need to film him?

I could have paid to have it reconnected and then repaired by a second company but this could have cost 100's and 100's and many hours to repair..instead as my family were freezing for over a week in sub zero conditions while Scottish Power voided my cover stating I needed to have the none existent sludge removed first...so i bit the bullet and had a whole new boiler installed which came with a 10 year Worcester warranty and meant I didnt have to deal with these 3rd party scam artists such as Scottish Power that rather then fix your boiler just look for contract clauses to void cover...

Tbh and fair, I wouldn’t want to be filmed either, if I found that out I wouldn’t be wanting my firm to take action against the individual. Why did you feel the need to film him?

we are going off topic, but my whole house is covered by cameras recording 24/7 ..the cameras are in plain site and not hidden

Sponsored Links
we are going off topic, but my whole house is covered by cameras recording 24/7 ..the cameras are in plain site and not hidden
Actually it remains on topic, as he could have felt uneasy about them.

Actually it remains on topic, as he could have felt uneasy about them.

he blew up and shouted at us and only calmed down and apologised when I pointed out it had all been recorded on camera ...the same thing often happens on my motobike..people cut me up and shout abuse..as soon as I point out its all being recorded they apologise and leave me alone..

You have a strange way of looking at what cameras do..they record what happened...nothing more

It might fall under GDPR, so be careful is all I’m saying. Yes they may record what’s happened, which is fair enough, but they make me feel uneasy when on personal property, but I wouldn’t start shouting at people because of it.

Did he ask for your permission to disconnect the boiler from the gas supply ?

yes he did and I initially said no as the smoke from the combustion chamber had clearly come from his dirty finger tips, but he then said all he had to do was make a few phone calls and they would have the gas cut off in the road, so I had no choice but to let him do it...it's was awful as it happened when it was snowing outside ..my baby went blue some nights when we had to change her nappy it was a week from hell..their claim line had a 1hr30 minute wait time and kept cutting me off...I'll never get 3rd party boiler cover again ..i'll just buy a new boiler every 10 years

I'll never get 3rd party boiler cover again ..i'll just buy a new boiler every 10 years
Remember and get your new boiler serviced, and the benchmark log book completed every year, or your warranty will be void

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Remember and get your new boiler serviced, and the benchmark log book completed every year, or your warranty will be void

yes thanks don't worry I always get a service especially as I didn't want to invalidate my warranty ....what's the benchmark log book and where do i get it as don't seem to have one ?

It’s usually in the back of the manual, but I believe some have gone online? Possibly Worcester.

a

thanks but as mentioned as it had been cut off from the gas feed and then removed from the wall during the new install none of the engineers could write a report stating it needed to be attached to the wall and working in some format to be able to write a report

If you were taking someone to court you should get a 2nd opinion.

If you wasn't happy with the service, and you are clearly adamant their wasn't anything wrong with the boiler, why wouldn't you get a 2nd opinion before having it removed from the wall?

The heating engineer would have been able to reconnect the gas, test it and probably just replace the 2 seals.

You've clearly had a terrible experience with SSE, but what are you taking them to court over?

If it's condemning a boiler that didn't need condemning then youve shot yourself in the foot by replacing it and not getting a 2nd opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back