boiler exchange

Sponsored Links
His sense of humour is more subtle than mine. It's a sort of private pun among the professionals here.

You might not need unvented, an ordinary copper cylinder is fine for a lot of people.

With a shower from unvented your teenage daughter can cost you over £10 a day in water usage if on a meter and gas consumption. aparently they have to shave or some other lame excuse for daily hour long showers.

If it is only the bill payer taking showers then the benefit is a really great shower.

would be cheaper to take baths though.

My mate in north wales who i shared a solar purchase with has a 15 year old at home who can empty a 300 litre solar cylinder in the first 15 minutes of her hour long daily shower, the rest of the hour he is paying full whack as his 42kw combi goes on overdrive to satisfy her.

anyway on my advice he turns the combi off and on a few times until she gets out and then asks me on the phone while she is listening what is wrong with the shower, and I say is it running off a conbi? Are there's your answer they can only manage about 10 minutes max, after that they cut out on and off due to overheating.

Helps him win the family politics (wife in support of daughter Darren aparently only one conscerened).

anyway in the end that is the behaviour of all combis. Eventually people settle into one of two groups. those living in denial about the poor hot water system of thir tired old combi and those that fork out for all the necessary work to reguvenate it but deny the combi is a costly excercise., folk who in any case will just buy another new combis because they haven't got sufficient processing neurons in their brains the size of a pea to realise they are repeating history just like most everyone else in the planet to prove that if we learn anything from history it's that we don't learn anything from history, as someone once said.

but i supose the important thing is it's a small neat package out of the way so we can get on with worshiping the rest of the house unhindered by the vulgar site of exposed plumbing, as found around a hot water thingermy jig..

Of course what you might not realise because you think I am trying to be funny is that I am making serious statements but emplying my dry sense of humour purely for my own amusement. there has to be a benefit for coming here. I don't need to ask a question so if i have to answer one give me my sport.

Sponsored Links
2. install a modern combi boiler and do away with cylinder, loft tanks etc.

We went for this option because we had no space for a decent sized unvented cylinder, we got a Vaillant ecoTEC plus 937 boiler fitted which has been great so far; very quiet in operation, brilliant hot water performance and we have noticing that the gas usage has fallen

This boiler has two tanks at the back that supply up to 200 litres in 10 minutes, once these are empty the boiler acts as a standard combi boiler supplying water at 15 l/min. Tanks take two minutes to recharge.

Of course what you might not realise because you think I am trying to be funny is that I am making serious statements but emplying my dry sense of humour purely for my own amusement. there has to be a benefit for coming here. I don't need to ask a question so if i have to answer one give me my sport.

don't worry paul i can see that behind the humour there's a hidden message. it's like listening to les dawson, humorous but true. love it.
if you think of the countless millions sat reading your posts chortling and wiping their eyes then that must be an benefit also. thanks for advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back