Boiler Fault finding and repair experience

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I am newly qualified gas safe engineer based in Buckinghamshire and I was looked for a more experienced engineer that I can shadow and gain more insight on fault finding and boiler repairs. I hope there is someone on here that could help me.

Sponsored Links
Best thing to do is get yourself booked onto the Baxi 3 day fault finding course. Baxi run it, but it's not specific to their boilers and will give you a good grounding to work from

Best thing to do is get yourself booked onto the Baxi 3 day fault finding course. Baxi run it, but it's not specific to their boilers and will give you a good grounding to work from

Yup, excellent advice ..... get onto as many manufacturer's installer courses too, a lot of them are free. They are specific to their own boiler types but a lot of the generic faults you may come across will have similar symptoms, causes and solutions. Most of the courses cover basic fault finding on their own models, which is a great starting point, also gets you networking with the manufacturers support resources/in house professionals and other local installers too.

And it will cost you next to nothing plus discounts if you install their units.

Sponsored Links
hi I am newly qualified gas safe engineer based in Buckinghamshire and I was looked for a more experienced engineer that I can shadow and gain more insight on fault finding and boiler repairs. I hope there is someone on here that could help me.

That might be a bit harder than you think ........would I take someone with me to see and be introduced to my customers and see how I work and who I work for ? Take a guess.
It's simply getting out there and doing it, you would be far better working for a company or manufacturer and learning and getting experiance at their expense.
Don't try and get experience at your customers expense .........I've seen people try that ...It doesn't work .....

I wish you luck, and advise as above. No small business here is going to be able to risk halving their productivity this time of year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back