Boiler flow and return temperatures.

The boiler was sitting at 62° but the thermometer on the flow was saying 40° and the return 24°. The flow pipe was too hot to touch for anything more than a few seconds and the return was lukewarm, as you would expect.
Try some heat sink thermal paste and scrub the pipe and thermometer, as used in computers. Only a few quid online.

Sponsored Links
Try some heat sink thermal paste and scrub the pipe and thermometer, as used in computers. Only a few quid online.

Completely unnecessary, if the temperature sensor is in close proximity to the pipe and a bit of pipe insulation placed over pipe and sensor.

Sponsored Links
I think either your late or you have very slow internet.
Yeah - It was Soonack cancelling the top end of HS2 I'm afraid so we can all look stupid. So like everything else, news is late arriving in the north now. Actually I've just subscribed and I've seen thermal paste suggested on comments for thermometers and thermistors etc before that had persistently low readings in comments. It seems an obvious fix but if and only if the measurement is a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back