Boiler flow restrictor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yorkshire water came out to check the pressure, they said that there is 5 bar of pressure at the outside tap which is fed off the stop cock in the kitchen. There is a flow rate of 18l/m at the outside tap apparently but I think he was being optimistic as the kitchen tap which is closer he was saying got 15l/m.

He then measured the shower for me and said it was 8l/m which is completely against what my bucket test showed and my bucket has measurements along the way! The bath taps were showing 15l/m apparently.

Anyway ive been reading up about removing the flow restrictor in the boiler. Apparently my boiler (Glowworm 30cxi) is only capable of 12.3l/m and has a 12l flow restrictor in place. I removed this yesterday as I do believe that these things especially in shower heads there is natural pressure loss through the boiler/shower itself. if I want really hot water for washing up then ill turn the flow of the tap down. The shower is a little more powerful now and the temperature is the same as before, nice and hot.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back