flow restrictor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to replace my kitchen sink and the new tap is a monobloc mixer type,
included with the taps is a flow restictor fitting (never used them before as when i was growing up nobody cared about saving water etc)
my question is should i put the flow restrictor on the hot or cold supply ,or if i should use it at all and are there any considerations to be taken into account ie water pressure etc,
Thanks Davy

Sponsored Links
water press to the kitchen is off the main (or should be so fit it ;)

nothing to do with saving water it stops the washer up getting a shower :)

I think i have got my terminology a little mixed up :confused:

I think it may be a flow regulator and not a flow restrictor,
it has what can best be described as a plastic ball in the middle that acts as a one way valve.

The hot water pressure is 1 bar, (boiler less than a year old) and the flow rate is just right,
I do not want to change the hot supply in anyway,

so can i just fit the regulator/restrictor to the cold water only ,i intented to put the regulator/restrictor on the 15mm pipe just below the tail pipe,is this ok,

sorry to be a pain but if you want expert advice you have to ask an expert ,thats why i came here
and it's always better to double check then check again just to make sure

Thanks Davy

Sponsored Links
sorry yes it is a flow regulator can you alter these to slow the waters passages through the boiler down thus getting it hotter?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back