Flow restrictor for monobloc tap unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have purchased a monobloc tap that will be fitted to a HP cold (rising main) and LP hot (gravity) arrangement.
According to the installation instruction I need to fit a non-return valve and flow restrictor setup.

Presumably I need non-return valves on both feeds and the flow restrictor on the cold only.

What parts do I need (assume Wickes or B&Q as supplier) and how would I size the flow restrictor.

It will all be in 15mm copper with solder ring connections up to flexible, braided stainless, tap connectors with service joints. As the last 3 foot of piping will be partly visible this will be done in chromed tube so any item needs to be bright and shiny to match.

Sponsored Links
The non-return valves are correct, as this is mainly due to water regulations. But if you put a PRV (pressure reducing valve) into the 15mm (1/2 inch) cold supply this cures the effect of cold water pushing up the hot pipework (what the check valves are meant to prevent).
A PRV is quite chunky and would need to housed in boxing somewhere and placed as to service your bath taps as well (leave electric shower/WC full mains). They have a screw to reduce water down to low level, try Plumbworld or somewhere but not in a DIY shed!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back