Boiler flue - am I being told the truth?

Sponsored Links
keston gas fired boilers will allow flue up a chimney and it aint as expensive or cotroversail as the poujoulet system which to my knowledge still doesnt meet any bs or any manufacturers recommendations.

lee

Atmos is one of the best Combi's on the market and is suitable for a flue liner connection.

IF ITS GAS FIRED.

Atmos is one of the best Combi's on the market and is suitable for a flue liner connection.

IF ITS GAS FIRED.

and you can recommend these boilers because personnaly you've fitted how many ;)

Sponsored Links
The reason I assumed that it would be cheaper to vent into the chimney is because the existing (gas) boiler vents into it.

Gigz is right in that I cannot assume there is an existing flue liner in chimney. I have made an assumption on this point which would need to be checked.

Due to my ignorance, I assumed that a new boiler would be able to use the existing flue liner (assuming one exists!). I had also assumed that a flue liner is a simple metal tube but now understand that some are more sophisticated than others (allowing air in and exhaust gasses out) and that some boilers require these more sophisticated flue systems. This being the case, it may be easier (and therfore cheaper) to vent vertically as two heating engineers have already suggested, rather than installing a special flue liner in a chimney.

Many thanks everyone for your helpful advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back