Boiler flue leaking into garage ontop of boiler.

The best option has been suggested by another. , lead slate and collar. the rubber one will be difficult, even though it looks easy.
Over all an easy job, copy what you have already.. You don't even need to take tiles out. just push the rear ones up.

Perfect. My biggest concern is getting that cap off at the top

Sponsored Links
Slight update

So as mentioned it'll be summer before I attempt to replace it due to lack of funds and I don't want to get caught out in the rain.

Until I can drive to the next city over an hr away to get that water seal paint that's been suggested I've gone up in a dry patch and coated it as best I can in the same roofing sealant I have. It looks a little better from below actually so hope it holds up as a temporary solution.

I've attached some pictures of the cap at the top I can't tell how it removes it looks like it's attached with those staple type things?

I've attached some pictures of the cap at the top I can't tell how it removes it looks like it's attached with those staple type things?

Pop rivets! Use an electric to release them, when refitting either stainless steel self tappers, or more new pop rivets. I've just noticed the deep V in the sleeve, no wonder it was leaking..

Sponsored Links
Pop rivets! Use an electric to release them, when refitting either stainless steel self tappers, or more new pop rivets. I've just noticed the deep V in the sleeve, no wonder it was leaking..

Sorry think you've got a typo.

An electric? No idea what self tappers are I'm totally new to all types of DIY. Apologies!

Sorry think you've got a typo.

An electric? No idea what self tappers are I'm totally new to all types of DIY. Apologies!

Missed a word - electric drill. Self tapping screws - they cut their own thread into thin material, providing there is an hole in the material.

Perfect. I'll twist it off when the time comes.

Amazing guys thanks for the help I'll be sure to update when I've upgraded it but as said it'll be during the warm summer.

I did a less than professional refelt on the top half of it during last summer and a dry ridge and I was absolutely melted in shorts getting burned on the concrete tiles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back