boiler flue over my boundry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help next doors boiler flue balanced over boundry line and im building extension can i just build infront of flue without touching it and it still be legal for them to use as there is not going to be much air flow the boiler has been in ten years

Sponsored Links
If the boiler has been there for 10 years, there is very little you can do at this point. You could have challenged the installation when it was done, but after this long they have effectively your quid pro quo permission.
You will have to consult with a RGI to see what you can build safely, strange as it may sound, the onus is on you to find out what is safe and what not.
You will have to abide by what their boiler manual says, and failing to do so is technically a criminal offense.

I do not agree with what Ben has said.

Its your land and unless you or a previous owner has given written permission I take the view that no consent has been given.

Although not strictly relevant, adverse possession needs 12 years and several conditions to be met.

Why do you confuse the issue by posting the same question under two different headings?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back